Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cobalt Blue Blouse, Abstract Print Skirt and A Letter To My Younger Self!

In the latest issue of Ladies' Home Journal, an interesting article caught my eye - What did you learn from your experiences which you think your younger self would have benefited and if you could tell what you know now to your younger self, what would that be! That made me think what I would do differently if I could. I humbly say that I had a very fulfilling childhood and teen years and I really do not have any regrets about the choices I made - be it education, career or love. I got the best of everything and had fun. But  knowing what I know now, there are few things I wish I could do differently. So today I write this letter to my younger self!
  • Do not whine about sharing the room with your sister, one day you will live continents apart and you will wish she could lie beside you and giggle about the silly things after the lights are out!
  • Do not eat for two when pregnant! The baby is just 7 pounds and does not need the whole pecan pie! You will have to shed it one step at a time one the treadmill!
  • Do not think that your darker skin does not need sunscreen, years later they will find out about the need for sun protection for ALL skin types!
  • Do not throw the 'tapered' pants from the 90s! The 'skinny' will be in again for a long long time!
  • Start the fashion blog when you first found out about blogspot.com and opened your account way back in 2005!
  • Learn HTML when you are given a chance by your room mate back in India!
  • Do not buy a regular camera, even though it is just $400! You will need a professional camera when you start fashion blogging
  • Do not stop writing (for months at a time!) even if you feel as if no one is reading. They will eventually pick up your blog and you will reach more than 30K page views a month
Anyhoo, here I am, soaking the sun in a cobalt blue loose blouse and mixing patterns - abstract in the skirt and floral in the clutch.
Blouse - Forever 21
Skirt - Cache (It is actually a strapless dress, but too short on me to wear as a dress!)
Shoes - Nine West
Clutch - DSW
Expression - Too much damn sun in my eyes!




What would you tell your younger self if you had a chance? What do you know now you think your younger self should know?

No comments:

Post a Comment