Friday, April 20, 2012

Girls With Glasses Can Get A Husband! PS. I Tie My Own Cravat!

Move over Anne Hathaway, I am here with my nerdy glasses!! First time on the blog, my glasses make an appearance. I usually wear contacts, but for today's post, I kept them on (they actually go well with this workplace - appropriate outfit!) I have been wearing glasses since middle school, but growing up I was not very confident and comfortable with them. I don't know if I am over generalizing, but in India in the 90s, glasses on girls were not the hottest thing! I was told in whispered tones and sometimes directly too, that girls with glasses have hard time finding husband! (Yes, Jane Austen still is very very relatable to women in Indian society, which thankfully is changing for the better!) Lucky for me, my family was not one of those people who believed it and I was always told I look great!!;-) 
And yes, I successfully 'snagged' a great husband too! LOL!
Today's outfit is inspired by Katharine Hepburn, with high waist trousers, man-shirt and a silk scarf. I love to 'wear' scarves as ties (or cravat as I read in those Jane Austen novels!) 

Pants - New York and Co.
Scarf - From a weavers co-operative society in India
Bag - Ann Taylor





If you like this look, get it here-

For daily dose of style delights, connect with me on -

No comments:

Post a Comment